Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Thursday, July 9, 2015

New Orleans ... Gumbo ... and Good Times

So you know how I spend WAY too much time on Pinterest ??? well I'm sure I do ... {I pretend it's like a relaxation technique} ...

Well, anyway, tonight I found this image and it reminded me of a fabulous holiday I had long, LONG ago which included a visit to New Orleans.  I started looking for more pics to make this post, and my mood changed from 'fun' to sadness and concern...  My trip was so long ago - way before the devastating Hurricane Katrina, so while I revisit my past memories, I can't help but wonder  how people or if people have re-built their lives now in this beautiful city.
find me here 

Yummo Gumbo ... which is one of their 'signature' dishes ... ♥♥

the famous Pat O'Briens

listened to fabulous music in this hall ... 



swept away by the French Charm on Bourbon Street ... Party Central ...

more yum ... Jambalaya 

mardi gras beads 

fortune tellers all over the place , but I was too scared to find my future out ... 

creepie, eerie Voodoo store ...

i remember having a couple of these ... 

didn't actually do a grave tour, but found them fascinating ...


swamp tour was an amazing experience ... 

I can't even imagine how awful this day must have been for those still in New Orleans ... 


tragic ...


so raw - you can still feel her pain ... 

sadness and devastation

I had a look around on google to see how things are going and it would appear there has been a lot of re-building, however it's been a very slow process and many people just couldn't afford to return.  I hope I can get back there one day and show my support for this still beautiful city.

~  gratitude every day ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...