Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

coffee cup post

ok ... so i took some pictures tonight and am sharing my coffee cups {and what memories I have from them}!  strange post i know ... but i love all my coffee cups and they remind me of fabulous times in my life and places I've been ...

Purchased from the Twin Towers NYC in June 2000 - amazing experience ... perfectly typical coffee cup to buy from New York and so glad I got it

How cute ! ... "Seasonings Greetings" !!  Came from a novelty store in  Townsville ... LOVE Gary Larsen comics ...

This one came from the Original Starbucks in Seattle !

hmmm... don't remember where I got this one but I use it every night !

Christopher Vine postcard coffee cups ... also use these daily !!!  You KNOW I'm a freak for anything French ... with text and postcards !!!

yep - from Harrods in London ... perfect for drinking tea or coffee out of !

a hangover from my days of being obsessed with James Dean ... can't throw it out ... must have purchased from a novelty shop somewhere ...

from a store in Cape Cod back in the '90's !!!  wonderful holiday ... magical place ...

Grabbed this one from a gift shop in London ... amazing underground system ... Mind the Gap ...

purchased this set in Brisbane - love the Provincial look and have plates to match !

ooh ... Gustav Klimt coffee cup ... The Virgin - I'm sure I got this at the Museum of Modern Art in Sydney YEARS ago ...

... Greengate Latte cup !!! just because I love Greengate ... I'm sure I got this from Marie at Ruby Rose Interiors !!

ooh ... fun trip to Hayman Island quite a few years ago ...

Venice Beach - Los Angeles !!!  Fantastic trip to the USA ...

Found this one at the markets at St Kilda in Melbourne ...

Gorgeous colours ... Helen Wiltshire Gallery - Mission Beach

... and again ... Helen Wiltshire Gallery - Mission Beach

Maybe this was the very first one I bought ???  There used to be an 'Artist's Colony' on Dunk Island (north Queensland) and this was made by 'Peter the Potter' ... aka Peter Laycock ...  I remember thinking I could live that lifestyle ... at the tender age of 12 ...

so that's it ... a fun trip down memory lane for me!  How big is YOUR collection ????

~  enjoy your next coffee ~


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...