Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Atlanta, Georgia ... on my mind...

After blogging for almost a year, I still feel like most of the time I'm just bumbling around on the internet, not really knowing WHAT i'm doing most of the time... click here, click there and it something finally happens!  I'm constantly fascinated by my little 'gadget' on my blog called clustrmaps.  i look at it all the time to see 'where in the world' readers have come from to tune into my blog. 

so firstly, thank you to anyone who has ever visited - what a buzz  ...  Curiously enough... Georgia in the United States rates very high as frequent visitors to my blog ... hmmm ... no idea why...

I remember very briefly visiting Atlanta, Georgia on a 6 week camping trip to the USA (yes, eons ago!) with 13 other people on this tiny bus driven by a fantastic American girl.   We only had a day as Penny (our tour guide) had squeezed Atlanta into the trip for us as an extra.  I'm struggling to remember everything we saw that day, but can recall visiting CNN, Coca Cola and the grave of Martin Luther King.  That was a very humbling moment ... I  remember feeling gobsmacked when I realised he was assasinated on the day I was born. 

Since then I've always had a soft spot for  Georgia and hope to get back there one day ...



 






5 x 7 Coke Print  ... Georgia hearts   ... Vintage Map ... 1996 Olympics Paperweight ...  Atlanta Braves World Series Baseball Cap ...  CNN Studios ... The house where Martin Luther King grew up ... Martin Luther King's grave ... via google.

~  Georgia on my mind ... ~


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...