Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mosaic Chair Project

On the way back from Mt Isa the other day, I finally managed to stop and have a good look at the mosaic chair, that the local Julia Creek Arts Council ladies (including yours truly) all contributed towards making under the professional guidance of the lovely and amazing mosaic artist Claudia Williams.

We started the project in mid 2010 and it was finished in May this year.  Our extended wet season and everyone's busy schedules delayed finishing the chair, but the result is fantastic.  My only regret is that I couldn't get to town on the last few workshops to help (mostly due to ill children and our road being impassable due to the wet weather).

The design was inspired by the "Flinders Poppy" - a wildflower that grows in our Shire in the toughest conditions.

The long and not so 'winding' road home...













The Finished Chair - now taking pride of place in Peter Dawes Park, Julia Creek.





Flinders Poppies growing roadside, north of Julia Creek


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...