Welcome to my blog. Here's where I write about ~

~ my favourite items made by other artists and crafters from all over the world

~ things that inspire me

~ my own creations

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Caroline Butcher - Cardmaker... Jewellery Designer ...

Tonight I'm happy to be finally blogging about my friend Caroline Butcher.  Yes, another busy mum living in the Queensland outback juggling homelife with schooling children and keeping sane with art on the side.

When I started talking to Caroline about getting a collection of mum's work together I found out she has a  super cute line of cards under the name "Butcher Bird" and proceeded to tell me that she does some 'beading'.  Now that sounded to me like threading beads on a piece of string  (I'm clueless about beading) ... but now I see her pieces are so much more than just 'beading'!   Truly lovely ~ you can see how much thought and care goes into making each piece special.

Caroline (and Karen Price) have both managed to do something that I still am hoping for ...  a store who will stock her products!!! Yay ( ...green eyed monster lurking ... just kidding)  That's such a great thing because where we live, going to the 'markets' is really not much of an option so it's either internet, word of mouth or ... the 'jackpot' of supplying a store!  I'm going to light a few sparklers and do a happy dance when that happens at my place...

In the meantime, if you're anywhere near "Mansworld"  in Mt Isa, North West Queensland, Australia ... pop in and check out the Caroline Butcher range...  Alternatively if you'd like to contact Caroline direct for a special custom order, just let me know! (or leave a lovely comment).

So grab a coffee and relax and enjoy the extraordinary talents of Caroline ...



"Butcher Bird Cards"
















    
 
















Blacksoil beads - collection at Mansworld
  
 

Blacksoil beads - various decorated bangles


Blacksoil Beads - Brown Button Necklace








 










 

Blue Yellow and Red necklace - at Mansworld
 
 
Blacksoil beads - orange, pink and teal fimo
    





















Blacksoil Beads - pink, navy, fimo and silver necklace
 
 
 

Custom Order for Hannah

 
 
Rose and green necklace at Mansworld
 

 
















Upcycled concho necklace - at Mansworld


Lollies necklace at Mansworld


   
Upcycled Mum's necklace




~ find something beautiful every day ~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...